Saturday, July 28, 2012

It's A Boy!


Emmett John 
We're extremely proud and happy to announce the safe arrival of our new little boy, Emmett John. Our little man arrived nearly two weeks ago, and is now settled in at home. He came on his own timeline and was delivered quickly and without any complications. We just keep on reminding ourselves and others how lucky we are to have him. Needless to say, we are all enjoying his presence.
So now I am a mother of two boys!
Emmett's gender was unknown until he arrived, and a few people have said we must be disappointed not to have had a girl. I have to say I just don't feel that at all. When Emmett entered the world I was given the chance to look down and see for myself what sex he was. Before that moment, I doubted I would care, and found that this was definitely true. I was immediately so happy he was here and safe, I didn't even for a moment feel disappointed. I'm a little bit annoyed that people could suggest you would give your new child back to get a different one. When one considers the time it took for us to have Emmett, I feel especially blessed at how healthy and content he is, and know that he was meant to be in our lives.
Now that things have settled down a bit and we feel a bit more in control of our lives, I'd like to start posting regularly. To that end, tomorrow I plan to post the big sewing project that took Emmett's bassinet from this:

To this:




I've tried to break the process down into steps in case you would like to do something similar with an outdated bassinet you already have. This project was actually much easier than expected, and think it is really achievable for anyone keen to get in and have a go. It's also a great example of making do with what you've got.
Check back tomorrow to see where we go with this!



1 comment:

  1. Congrats! He is BEAUTIFUL! How could you be disappointed? You had a beautiful healthy baby.
    I just wanted to come over and make sure I thanked you for your comment the other day. The due date for the baby I lost was actually on Sunday. It was a hard day. I felt like I was missing and grieving someone I lost, but no one else remembered that special person. Not that I would expect anyone to remember, but your comment meant a lot to me. Thank you for taking the time to care.

    ReplyDelete